Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > 6 cyl Bristol cars

6 cyl Bristol cars Type 400 to 406 - restoration, repair, maintenance etc

NEW CAR AGAIN.... 1956 Bristol 405 CHASSIS - 4106. 405GMT

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-21, 11:01 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 58
Default

Geoff. I expect you will find a buyer before too long. If you don't mind me saying, I think some interior shots might help and maybe, if possible, a correct type steering wheel fitted. If it were me I would strip it down to bare metal so as not to look like it's been quite so much in the wars.

I have read about the Triumph 2000 engine being suitable.
As it happens I had a GT6 for 38 years so know that engine intimately. I am also familiar with the XK engine but somehow never worked on the 250 V8. I understand it can be very smooth - so a good alternative if the original is not available.
Reply With Quote
 

Tags
1956, 405


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:22 AM.


This is the live site

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2