Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > 8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars

8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars Type 407 onwards - restoration, repair, maintenance etc

Seat belts 407 to 411.

Old 26-03-24, 07:26 PM

Default Seat belts 407 to 411.

Per my post in the six cylinder section, I am looking for seat belts to fit in a 406. I assume that anything from 407 to 411 would suit so checking if anyone has anything suitable - perhaps removed when inertia reel belts fitted.
Any alternatives very welcome.
Old 26-03-24, 10:55 PM

Default Seat Belts 407 onwards

Any information would be helpful, my 407 came with lap belts from an aeroplane which I removed as would not pass MOT.
Problem with lap and diagonal is nowhere to fix upper bolt in a non existent B piler.
Old 26-03-24, 11:06 PM

My Plan "A" is to weld plates in to the top of the rear wheel arches per my 410 but I need to source some belts first.
Old 03-04-24, 06:18 PM

Progress now being made. I have found some Kangol belts the same as those on my 410. Mountings on the rear wheel arch and the transmission tunnel are straightforward but the ones just inside the doors not so obvious. They bolt through a riveted panel that covers the gap between the sides of the chassis members. Does anyone have a car with these panels removed? I would rather not drill all those rivets out if I don't have to.
Old 04-04-24, 02:52 PM

Default Seat Belts V8

I will follow this thread with interest as my wife thinks we ought to have them done. Thank you,
Old 04-04-24, 04:11 PM

It depends on your budget and how much you want to do yourself but Quick Fit seatbelts near High Wycombe seem to offer most options. If I understood the rough telephone quote correctly they will fit inertia reel units from scratch for about £1300 + VAT. There are pictures on their website and it looks a very good option.

If you just need the third mounting point I have found mountings that look ideal for the top of the rear wheel arches. They will need to be welded in.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175923664831

I can help with measurements for location per factory fitment on a 410.
Once you have mountings Quick Fit should be able to supply static belts for around £100 per side.