Thread: Bristol Brigand
View Single Post
Old 03-09-16, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc View Post
I knew Tony Crook very well as he sold 3 cars to me. He always said to me, and this was many years ago, that he wished nothing to do with the Bristol Owners Club. It's only now I see why.
Was this before he became the Patron of the BOC, or while he was Patron?

Quote:
You don't ask somebody "what's the asking price", you don't ask "is the turbo still in it". It's just embarrassing.
How quaint! This is the internet, not some gentleman's club in St James during the last century. This forum has 1000+ members all over the world and in some jurisdictions it is a legal requirement to state certain information when offering a car for sale, particularly price.

Indeed there are some members of this forum who would like it to be a mandatory requirement that a lot more information be disclosed by people offering cars for sale.

As for it being embarrassing that someone asks the price, the saying "if you you have to ask, you can't afford it" might apply to a 60m luxury yacht, but this is a secondhand car, that by your own admission "needs some work", has an unknown mileage and is probably worth <20k GBP. Only a fool would not ask some probing questions!

Is there any other information you would like to share, so that people know they're not wasting their time? Does it have clear title?

Last edited by Kevin H; 04-09-16 at 04:29 AM.