Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > For Sale - Cars, Parts & Automobilia (Bristol related only)

Bristol Brigand

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Sam410
  • 1 Post By Kevin H
  • 1 Post By Philip

Old 24-08-16, 10:07 AM

Default Bristol Brigand

Bristol Brigand for sale, available to view in central London. Requires some work (wiring loom, handbrake, paint).
Old 24-08-16, 10:55 AM

Are you the owner of the car?
What is the asking price?
What's the mileage?
Body colour?
Interior colour and condition?
Is it running?
Mechanical condition?
Old 25-08-16, 11:29 AM

i am the owner, it needs a mechanical overhaul. Prospective buyers would have to come and look at it. It has had 2 odo's so the mileage is a bit of mystery probably 121k ish. Midnight blue/black.
Old 28-08-16, 10:42 PM

Have sent you a message re the car.
Old 03-09-16, 05:49 PM

Obviously I was not a member of this forum when I posted recently one of my Bristol's for sale. I knew Tony Crook very well as he sold 3 cars to me. He always said to me, and this was many years ago, that he wished nothing to do with the Bristol Owners Club. It's only now I see why. You don't ask somebody "what's the asking price", you don't ask "is the turbo still in it". It's just embarrassing.
Old 03-09-16, 06:05 PM

This forum is not a BOC forum, and they both seem to me to be valid questions of someone selling a car.
herrbartlet likes this.
Old 03-09-16, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc View Post
I knew Tony Crook very well as he sold 3 cars to me. He always said to me, and this was many years ago, that he wished nothing to do with the Bristol Owners Club. It's only now I see why.
Was this before he became the Patron of the BOC, or while he was Patron?

Quote:
You don't ask somebody "what's the asking price", you don't ask "is the turbo still in it". It's just embarrassing.
How quaint! This is the internet, not some gentleman's club in St James during the last century. This forum has 1000+ members all over the world and in some jurisdictions it is a legal requirement to state certain information when offering a car for sale, particularly price.

Indeed there are some members of this forum who would like it to be a mandatory requirement that a lot more information be disclosed by people offering cars for sale.

As for it being embarrassing that someone asks the price, the saying "if you you have to ask, you can't afford it" might apply to a 60m luxury yacht, but this is a secondhand car, that by your own admission "needs some work", has an unknown mileage and is probably worth <20k GBP. Only a fool would not ask some probing questions!

Is there any other information you would like to share, so that people know they're not wasting their time? Does it have clear title?
herrbartlet likes this.

Last edited by Kevin H; 04-09-16 at 05:29 AM.
Old 04-09-16, 07:47 PM

Perhaps I was a little rude, but as I said in my original post, come and see it. I don't understand how someone would buy a car without doing that. When I mentioned the turbo question to a friend of mine who is a mechanic he said "that's a ridiculous question, you could take out or put in a turbo in the brigand in 45mins". On price, I run (nothing to do with cars) an investment fund and I would never give a price for an asset sale, you would bid me, having looked at the asset (hence the car visit). It may be I am barking up the wrong tree in relation to standard op procedure for selling a bristol, but I don't need to sell this, rare, one and much as I've enjoyed my brief spell on this forum I don't see why I should waste time on people who can't come and make an offer. As for this guy's comments "does it have clear title", what is that supposed to mean? Does he have clear title to his worn sandals? Why would someone offer a car which doesn't? One would have to be the biggest idiot to buy a car if one hadn't come and seen it and satisfied oneself as to the title.

I've had enough of this. I am fortunate to own some Bristols. I don't know why I came on this forum to invite someone to come and look at one to make an offer. As I said, Crook wouldn't have entertained any of this. Delete me from your list; somebody can still come if they wish through the comms channels you have.
Old 04-09-16, 08:16 PM

I suspect that you are rather fortunate in not needing to sell, as your attitude suggests that you will struggle to do so.

Several Brigands have had their turbochargers permanently removed - if your knowledge was on a similar level as your arrogance, you might have been expected to know that. If you don't want to dirty the air with a price, put it up for auction or ask for sealed bids.

I am not about to waste my time viewing a car when the owner is so priggish that he cannot bear to answer the most obvious and basic questions about it beforehand.

Just embarrassing.
herrbartlet likes this.
Old 05-09-16, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc View Post
Perhaps I was a little rude, but as I said in my original post, come and see it. I don't understand how someone would buy a car without doing that.
Most people wouldn't. But most people don't want to waste their time either. I can only assume you have no experience in selling secondhand cars to the public, because to expect people to just come and have a look without asking any questions first, is absurd.

Quote:
It may be I am barking up the wrong tree in relation to standard op procedure for selling a bristol.
Are you talking about Tony Crook's standard operating procedure, or that of the rest of the world? (They do differ somewhat.)

Quote:
As for this guy's comments "does it have clear title", what is that supposed to mean?
To be honest, it was just to get a rise out of you. Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Quote:
I've had enough of this... ...As I said, Crook wouldn't have entertained any of this.
I'm sure he wouldn't.

Quote:
Delete me from your list; somebody can still come if they wish through the comms channels you have.
You're not on a "list". You joined the Bristol Enthusiasts discussion forum. I have unsubscribed you from this thread, so you shouldn't get any more email notifications if anyone else responds. You will however still receive an email if someone sends you a private message about the car - that's the only "comms channel" available since you didn't provide a phone number.

Over and out!