Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > 8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars

8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars Type 407 onwards - restoration, repair, maintenance etc

411 air conditioning

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 13-01-23, 01:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 411
Default

I don't remember seeing a 410 with air con from new. I imagine a few were modified by the factory. Hopefully someone will be able to contribute pictures. New compressors are much smaller and lighter so it should be easier to do a neat installation now.

I decided that replacement of the original heater / blower would be too invasive and far too much work. A cool air only unit would be easily removed by a future owner wanting to go back to original. It would also allow warm air to the feet and cool air to the face.

Will let you know if I make any progress. For now the priority is getting the overdrive and lockup switching sorted.
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:15 PM.


This is the live site

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2