View Single Post
Old 13-09-21, 11:07 AM

I've just fitted inertia reel belts in my 403. I've also written up the detail with photos in the Bristol Owners and Drivers Association newsletter. Unfortunately I'm away from home in a campervan just now and don't have access to the article. In essence, what I've done is to scrap the trafficators, weld up the slots in the B posts, weld on a standard seat belt mounting point half way up the B post. That takes care of the shoulder level swivel. I welded another mounting point on the bottom of each B post, just above floor level. I mounted the retractor here, with the outer floor level anchor behind it. The inner floor anchor goes on the transmission tunnel. I used belts from Securon, the ones that have a webbing strap for the inner fitting as this looks less modern than the stiff leg type. I'm very pleased with the result. However, note that the belts are almost fully extended in use and somewhat longer ones would be better. My priority was to get the mounting points welded in whilst the car is stripped down. I can always change the belts later.

Rgds

Mikebro