View Single Post
Old 30-04-21, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Kingston View Post
It is a great shame that for many years the Bristol Owners Club operated a WIKI section of their website, sadly access to that was lost a few years ago in the process of 'upgrading' the website as was a really useful database of cars the latter possibly in the fear that its presence on the website breached the provisions of Data Protection which according to my discussions with the information commissioners it did not. All was not lost though as all the past bulletins are on the website and also a lot of technical information including the articles written by Spencer Lane Jones. With a sense of impending doom when the car data suddenly disappeared I printed out all the information which I thought would be useful on my 2 Litre cars and a bit on the V8. Such a shame that such a valuable resource was lost as it was so easy to find what you needed and so hard and time consuming to start all over again.
Couldn't agree more Geoff. I have been trying to persuade the person concerned to re-activate the wiki, but apparently the technology on which it is based is incompatible with the current website format. I used to use the wiki a lot and it's left a big hole with its demise.