Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > Other Bristol engined cars

Other Bristol engined cars Arnolt, AC, Frazer Nash, Cooper, Lister, Lotus, Tojeiro

1958 anrolt bristol

Old 12-03-14, 12:20 AM

Default 1958 anrolt bristol

greeting im a fresh member that is restoring a 59 arnolt and looking for any parts i can get my hands on this thing is missing a lot any help would be appreciated sorry for the spelling im a metal fabricator not a english major thanks jeremy
Old 12-03-14, 02:43 AM

All parts are available -- just ask for what you need and someone will tell you where to get it !

For an Arnolt I would probably start with Bristol Cars or InRacing in the UK ( both have web sites ) but I don't own an Arnolt so others may know better.
Old 12-03-14, 02:47 AM

Default Arnolt parts

Interesting that you say "1959 Arnolt" as all Arnolts were manufactured in 1953 or 1954. I suppose the date comes from the first registration or sale. I would be interested in the chassis number. What parts are you missing are some are common to other Bristol cars and some are unique to the Arnolt. I have two Arnolts and have some body panels and have had some parts re manufactured.
Regards, Peter
Old 12-03-14, 12:40 PM

Default Arnolt Panels

Hello Jeremy,
Welcome. What panels are missing and or rusted and need replacing?

Brett
Old 12-03-14, 05:28 PM

im i need of a grill winsheild,frame and posts im sure there will be other parts but im just starting the resto on the sheet metal and trying to get my ducks in a row if you know what i mean the sheet metal isnt a problem ive got a good team of craftsmen here
Old 12-03-14, 05:31 PM

i could me mistaken on the year im going off the paper work i have at the shop i dont know much about the car but im learning
Old 13-03-14, 08:39 PM

Hi Jeremy

There are a number of us on this forum who are Arnolt owners and have extensive information and contacts. We maintain a registry and history on these cars. If you could provide the chassis number it would be most helpful.

John
Old 26-04-14, 05:04 PM

Hey guys,

The chassis number is 3109. As Jeremy mentioned, we're looking for a number of parts for the car. We're looking for the following parts (with more to come I'm sure):

Windshield and posts (and any other associated parts)
Complete grille
Exterior lights
Any exterior trim/moldings
Mirrors
Emblems
Gauges
Dash switches, knobs, etc.

We're new to Arnolt Bristols, so any helpful information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
DJ
Hot Rods & Custom Stuff
Old 02-05-14, 05:51 PM

We're still looking for leads and help on tracking down parts for this build. Obviously resources for Arnolt's are limited so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
DJ
Old 02-05-14, 09:47 PM

DJ,
About 15 years ago I bought a large parcel of Arnolt parts from USA , mostly new old stock mechanical with a few body panels & hardware .
These were reputed to be the last of the Arnolt parts from the Arnolt Corporation.
Most of what you require has been sold .

I have new dash knobs and possibly some switches and a good range of new & used mechanical pieces. I think there is one rear fender & two scuttle/dash panels

Gauges or basically the same as Bristol 405 and should be available ex UK from one of the Bristol Breakers.
The triple gauge can be made up using a Landrover triple gauge

External lights & period mirrors are readily available from Holdens ex UK

Windscreen post , you were about a month to late . I just sold the last I had .
These can also be fabricated from a sample
I suggest you locate another Arnolt nearby and inspect and measure what you need .

Grille can be fabricated from a sample/pattern

Are you doing the mechanical restoration as well??

Geoff Dowdle
Sydney/Australia
Old 12-05-14, 03:44 PM

Default Arnokt Bristol List

3109 is presently listed as being in Lebanon. Would appreciate it if you would confirm or update with the owners name and state/country to me at wmw79@aol.com. Thanks, Bill
Old 12-05-14, 05:20 PM

Default Arnolt Bristol grill

Ellery Engel Restoration Specialties; 3997 Center, Piru, CA 93040 (805) 521-1321 has made several Arnolt Bristol grills.