Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > Wanted - anything Bristol car related

B400 - emergency flashers and headlights for LHD

Old 24-03-19, 09:34 PM

Default B400 - emergency flashers and headlights for LHD

I have to bring B400 on German roads. Before I have to make some so-called improvements of the car concerning the German rules.

1. I need new headlamps for LHD - car is series 2. Who has a recommendation for such headlights that are near the originals?

2. The vehicle must be equipped with emergency flashers. Did anyone else do this before? What type of relays are there for positive ground in Europe / Germany or the US? Who has an electrical scheme that fits?

3. If I change the position of the traffic indicator switch to the right (5 o'clock), the left traffic indicator is active. Is that correct? I expected the right traffic light to be activated while being positioned on the right side.

Last edited by Bela; 25-03-19 at 12:02 AM.
Old 25-03-19, 06:00 AM

Default do this headlight fit?

ebay U.S.A:
Old 25-03-19, 10:13 AM

I too was confused with the indicator switch! It puzzled me as to whether it is correct or not. If you look at the switch the top is like a pointer, so to move the pointer in the direction you intend to travel, you have to move the part you hold in the opposite direction!

I do not know if that is correct but Geoff Dowdle certainly will and will put us right I’m sure. On the later cars, like my 405, they changed the switch so there is no pointer and you do move the “paddle” in the direction of intended travel.

Anyway, if it is wrong, I'm sure it is a simple matter of changing the connections on the back of the switch.

Chris.
Old 27-03-19, 08:22 PM

The switch is clockwork operated. May be that is the reason why turning anticlockwise (in German it is called "turn to the left") ends at 5 o'clock ;-) .

But I'll change wiring as recommended by Chris. So it will be equal to my MG TD.