Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > For Sale - Cars, Parts & Automobilia (Bristol related only)

409 PAS for sale

Old 12-12-11, 12:00 PM

Default 409 PAS for sale

409 with power steering. Current owner 30 years. Original engine rebuilt. Recent work includes hardened valve seats, new guides, Edelbrock carb, Facit pump, reconditioned power steering box. Previous work includes gearbox, propshaft, rear axle, radiator.

Dark blue paint with grey interior. Runnung on 15 inch alloy wheels. Original 16 inch steel wheels and hub caps and spare used engine block assembly, heads and gearbox.

Needs some redecorating, more inside than out, a few minor repairs and a brake overhaul or upgrade.

Taxed and MOT'd

Sensible offers considered. Viewing London. John Rolfs 07768 124802

Last edited by John Rolfs; 12-12-11 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-12-11, 05:02 PM
Banned

Default The 409

It sounds like and interesting car. I am, however, puzzled by the 'sensible offer' part of the advertisement. It would be a great help if you could price the car at what you thought was fair, and a person could consider it. I have been searching and watching for some years now, and the prices are all over the map. To be sure, condition is an important aspect in and old car.
Old 13-12-11, 04:09 PM

I have to say that my reaction was very similar to that of Ronald when he opines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald G. Stephenson View Post
I am, however, puzzled by the 'sensible offer' part of the advertisement. It would be a great help if you could price the car at what you thought was fair, and a person could consider it.
My experience of viewing other cars is that 'sensible offer' is all too often used to mean an extraordinarily high price for a given condition.

The phrases used by Scottish estate agents of 'offers in the region of . . .' or 'offers above . . .' give a prospective viewer some idea of whether it is worth going to look at a car or not.

Just my sensible-pence worth.

George

Tags
409, v8