Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Non Bristol Forums > Other topics of interest

Other topics of interest Discussions about anything else, i.e motoring, trends, politics, even the EU!

Export cars from Australia to German

Old 08-06-18, 07:03 AM

Default Export cars from Australia to German

I guess the Australian market offers more possibilities than the German market to buy a Bristol 400.

Has anyone experiences with shipping a car from australia to Germany? Shipping from habour to habour seems easy. But who knows and what's about transfer over the roads, tax, safe payment, agents, documents etc.?

Regards
Old 08-06-18, 09:50 AM

Bela,
I'd expect it would cost about US$5000 for freight , export documentation, clearance out of Australia .
Plus charges in Germany .
No owner would be interested in letting his car out of his possession unless full payment is made.

The difficulty will be finding a suitable car in Australia . Most are sold privately and rarely advertised publicly.
I dont know of any for sale currently.
Geoff
Old 08-06-18, 12:03 PM

There are three 400's currently advertised for sale in the UK on www.carandclassic.co.uk ranging in price from just under £40k for a good entry level car in need of cosmetic improvement with Gavin McGuire to two much better examples with SLJ Hacket one at just under £80k the other at £115,000 as you would expect the latter is an exceptional example.
Geoff.
Old 10-06-18, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Dowdle View Post
Bela,
I'd expect it would cost about US$5000 for freight , export documentation, clearance out of Australia .
Geoff
That's an good estimation from what I'd heard.
Quote:
Plus charges in Germany .
Geoff
That is 7% customs for an old car.
Quote:
No owner would be interested in letting his car out of his possession unless full payment is made.
Geoff
I agree - but how can it be establish in a safe way? Cash is not really safe for a buyer whilst his trip to Australia.
Quote:
The difficulty will be finding a suitable car in Australia . Most are sold privately and rarely advertised publicly.
I dont know of any for sale currently.
Geoff
I have seen a blue one on "just cars"https://www.justcars.com.au/cars-for...400/JCW4052308. The location is Castle Cove.
Old 10-06-18, 10:47 AM

Bela ,
This car is 400 chassis 632 sold in December 2017 . It was in quite good condition mechanically but the trim is original and very fragile . The paint work was renewed about 30 years ago and presentable but of course not perfect.
It is at the point where the car needs restoration or use it "as is" .
The body is straight with NO visible rust .
It is now in UK with the new owner
Geoff
Old 10-06-18, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bela View Post
That's an good estimation from what I'd heard.

... how can it be establish in a safe way? Cash is not really safe for a buyer whilst his trip to Australia.
Bela,
I wouldn't recommend traveling with large amounts of cash - you would have declare it to Customs on entering Australia. However, many cars are bought and sold internationally, so there must be ways to do this safely. You could perhaps use an escrow service provided by a financial institution in Australia.

One of the benefits of buying an Australian delivered Bristol is that we don't use salt on the roads here in Australia, so cars are much less likely to suffer from corrosion, however some coastal areas are not very friendly to cars, due to salt in the air, so this is something to be aware of.

Regards,
Kevin