Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > Other Bristol engined cars

Other Bristol engined cars Arnolt, AC, Frazer Nash, Cooper, Lister, Lotus, Tojeiro

Great Arnolt-Bristol Journey

Old 26-10-09, 05:28 PM

Default Great Arnolt-Bristol Journey

Hello all -

I think there may have been some news in August that Kenneth Andrén shipped his Arnolt-Bristol from Sweden to San Francisco to take part in a few of the car events in Monterey. I did not get to meet Kenneth or see his car at that time, but we kept in touch about some car parts that needed a pickup in the Los Angeles area (done). Kenneth returned to Sweden after those events and the car stayed in San Francisco.

Kenneth's plan was to return in October and drive with his son down to the Los Angeles area, return to San Francisco and the car would be shipped back to Sweden in December.

When he wrote about his exact travel dates about 2 weeks ago, I replied that he would miss the Fabulous Fifties "Concours d'Provenance" by a day or two. This is an event for cars that raced through 1969, including similar types. Kenneth immediately changed his plans, picked up his son at the San Francisco airport 10 pm Saturday night and drove the 450+ miles overnight to arrive at the Concours 8:20 Sunday morning. The car was spectacular and situated next to another Arnolt-Bristol, formerly raced by Bill Watkins. It was great to meet Kenneth and hear his adventures, while his son slept behind the car. I think he may be at the former Paramount race track this morning, where a few are expected for photos and a painting. The old movie, "The Devil's Hairpin" somehow figures into all of this. I expect his drive back Highway 1 will be more leisurely, warmer, and fun!

I'll get some photos on a website later.

Bob