![]() |
![]() |
|
|||||||
| Bristol News & Other Bristol Discussion About the company, clubs, car owners, and Bristol discussion not specific to the 6,8 or 10 cyl cars. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Search this Thread | Display Modes |
|
|
|
|||
|
Maybe Markus misses the point. Joe Lewis and Tavistock are well known for sure, but they did claim to own Bristol Cars for several years. Some say that Silverton was Joe Lewis's son-in-law when the original deal was done, but that Silverton and Lewis's daughter subsequently divorced and that's when the Tavistock funds dried up, leaving Silverton to pick up the tab. Difference being, Silverton is (or was) a millionaire, but Joe Lewis is a billionaire (and still is).
Best, Rubino |
|
|||
|
Yes, I also think the reason for Bristol Cars sliding into administration was Mr. Lewis withdrawing his money.
Because from all information and impressions available I cannot conclude that Bristol were selling, restoring and servicing less vehicles in the last few years than they were doing when Toby Silverton took over. Regards, Markus Last edited by Markus Berzborn; 25-04-11 at 10:31 PM. |
|
|||
|
Mr Gauntlett new about good cars ! I have his old 411 S2 !!
|
|
|||
|
Glad to see some humor being injected into this thread. Oh, the U.S. of A. had a Joe Lewis. He was a prize fighter. Maybe the name Fighter came from that? Perhaps not..........
|
|
|||
|
Quote:
And, it's my understanding that the former Silverton FIL, Joe Lewis, spends much of his time in the US, in FL, as well. I suspect most of us think the "Fighter" appellation derived from the Bristol aircraft heritage...though they mostly made bombers for WWII, they did make some fighter models for WWI, I believe, such as the BrisFit. http://www.airmuseumsuk.org/airshow/...%20Fighter.jpg Last edited by browning l; 27-04-11 at 02:21 PM. |