Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > Bristol News & Other Bristol Discussion

Bristol News & Other Bristol Discussion About the company, clubs, car owners, and Bristol discussion not specific to the 6,8 or 10 cyl cars.

The 450 race car

Old 04-10-10, 06:01 PM

Default The 450 race car

Just had some very good news. The BOC Heritage Trust lecture and seminar, taking place at the Haynes International Motor Museum on Sunday 24th. October 2010, where Christopher Balfour will be speaking on the ' The Racing Bristol 450's and their performance at Le Mans and Rheims ' will be graced by the appearance at the venue of the sole surviving 450 race car. This will be the first time that this car has been seen in public since 1996.

Chistopher Balfour, Spencer Lane – Jones and James Trigwell ( archivist of the Frazer – Nash Car Club ) will be explaining the details of the car at hands on demonstrations. This is a one – off opportunity for us all to be able to see, touch, be photographed with and get involved with this amazing car. It promises to be a day to be remembered !

All are welcome to this charity event but please inform Dave Allen of the BOC Heritage Trust of your intention to attend : ddallen@talktalk.net or 01564 776759.

The Haynes International Motor Museum is at Sparkford, Somerset BA22 7LH and the lecture and seminar will take place in the Merlin Suite from 1.30 p.m. Accommodation at an hotel near the event combined with a dinner will take place on the evening prior to the event, Saturday 23rd. October, for those who wish to join in. Again, all are welcome. For further information please contact Sandy Peacock : peacocksyr@btinternet.com 01235 203381

Dave Dale.
Old 04-10-10, 08:27 PM

Default 450 Bristol

I with many others saw the 450 at the Goodwood Revival about three years ago..we must get our facts correct,if we wish to be respected in the classic car movement.norman shirlaw
Old 04-10-10, 11:34 PM

PVS 258 was at the Revival in 2004.
Old 05-10-10, 12:29 PM

Default 450 Bristol

Hi Stormin Norman,
Â.
Thats a bit harsh on your bathroom buddy! :-)
Â.
I bet next time you snore on a Bristol Trip he will send you to sleep in the bath.
Â.
Greetings to you both via the Forum from Sunny Spain.
Old 05-10-10, 05:02 PM

Default The 450 race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlaw n View Post
I with many others saw the 450 at the Goodwood Revival about three years ago..we must get our facts correct,if we wish to be respected in the classic car movement.norman shirlaw
I was misinformed about the previous appearance of the 450 and reproduced the information in good faith. The posting has already had a good response with people who were unaware of the talk taking place now interested in attending the event. One member rang me from Canada and has booked his flight to UK solely to attend the talk.

Your criticism, aside from being an overreaction, from was not something that I had expected to be published on an open forum from a friend. Were I in your position a word on the telephone or a private email would have been my approach and the decent thing to do, rather than an attempt at a public put-down. Should you ever decide to assist the Heritage Trust in print please be careful with your facts, spelling and grammar. You may expect no mercy from me if I discover an error.
Dave Dale.
Old 06-10-10, 11:44 AM

Default Correction

Thanks to everyone who pointed out to me that the 450 race car has appeared in public once since 1996, at Goodwood. My posting should, of course, have read " the second time that this car has been seen in public since 1996 ".

This still makes the car's second appearance in 14 years a rare event. If you don't see it this time around who knows when the next opportunity will arise ? This, coupled with talks by three Bristol experts, must mean that the Heritage event at Haynes Museum on 24th. October is a day not to be missed.

Dave Dale.
Old 06-10-10, 03:20 PM

Default Correction

Hi David,
Carol and I are in Spain until Mid November. If a CD is made of the presentation AKA the one by Toby on the Fighter, I would love a copy.Thanks for the update, I am sure Stormin Norman will be pleased!. :-)
Nick 407 6028
Old 07-10-10, 11:15 AM

Default Correction

Hi,
We would also love to be there in November (and see the 450 in the
flesh...wow) but If we were to tell our bank manager that we are going to
the UK for another Bristol event he would cut us from our pensions!!!!!!
If there is another CD possible we would be very happy to pay.

Thanks

Sarah and Anthony

Talking about CD´s, are there any plans for a Britols 100 compilation?????
Perhaps we could all participate and send in material including Goodwood?
Old 07-10-10, 12:20 PM

Default Correction - Bristol 100

I have uploaded some photos to:

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/andy.b...September2010#

including 3 Fighters and a Concorde