Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > Bristol News & Other Bristol Discussion

Bristol News & Other Bristol Discussion About the company, clubs, car owners, and Bristol discussion not specific to the 6,8 or 10 cyl cars.

Black 412 driving through Winchester

Old 09-07-09, 07:02 AM

Default Black 412 driving through Winchester

Just to say hello to whoever drove through the Square in Winchester last night in the black 412/Beaufighter. :-)

Last edited by potential; 09-07-09 at 11:24 AM.
Old 14-07-09, 08:02 PM
ex Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by potential View Post
Just to say hello to whoever drove through the Square in Winchester last night in the black 412/Beaufighter. :-)
Hi there,

I think that may be a dark blue beau that is occasionally seen around Winchester and is known to the club but the reg no has not been officially published. I do have it but only because I have seen it at BCL so no permission to publish.

It is a storming specimen in fabulous condition - no expense spared!

Philippa
(412 registrar BOC)
Old 25-10-09, 04:28 PM

Hello all

As a local resident, I too have seen the black 412 in Winchester on many an occasion - stunning condition and those Avon safety wheels set the car off very nicely too. Also spotted in town recently - a maroon 410 (immaculate), green 603 (black wheels/no hub caps - looked great tho') and a blue 411 S4 (faded chic-look).

Nice to see theses cars being driven in the "everyday" context.

One day...

BB
Old 26-10-09, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bristols View Post
green 603 (black wheels/no hub caps - looked great tho')
That is almost certainly a club member, who I know lives in Winchester and the 603 is his main car. It's LPG converted I think.
Old 04-11-09, 08:38 AM

Default 412 S2 in every day use

Dear All,
I just purchased the black 412 S2 from Andrew Blow for every day use. The car will therefore be out and about in the Crawley area.
Bristoling is great fun although getting around the car parks at Gatwick can be a challenge.
Old 05-11-09, 08:47 PM
ex Member

Hi there,

Are you sure it had Avon safety wheels - that would help me pin it down. We have a series 1 in Southampton that it could be if it does have safety wheels.

Philippa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bristols View Post
Hello all

As a local resident, I too have seen the black 412 in Winchester on many an occasion - stunning condition and those Avon safety wheels set the car off very nicely too. Also spotted in town recently - a maroon 410 (immaculate), green 603 (black wheels/no hub caps - looked great tho') and a blue 411 S4 (faded chic-look).

Nice to see theses cars being driven in the "everyday" context.

One day...

BB
Old 05-11-09, 08:50 PM
ex Member

Hi there,

Congratulations on joining the exclusive band of discerning 412 drivers. Hopefully you are finding out how much fun it is to drive. Do bring it along to an owners club event and meet the rest of the crowd.
Philippa
Bristol Owners Club - 412 registrar

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_bollox View Post
Dear All,
I just purchased the black 412 S2 from Andrew Blow for every day use. The car will therefore be out and about in the Crawley area.
Bristoling is great fun although getting around the car parks at Gatwick can be a challenge.
Old 08-11-09, 08:30 PM

Default Black 412

Yes, Black 412 had Avon Safety wheels for sure - hard to miss really! BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLF799R View Post
Hi there,

Are you sure it had Avon safety wheels - that would help me pin it down. We have a series 1 in Southampton that it could be if it does have safety wheels.

Philippa