Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum

Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum (http://www.bristolcars.info/forums/index.php)
-   Bristol News & Other Bristol Discussion (http://www.bristolcars.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Black 412 driving through Winchester (http://www.bristolcars.info/forums/showthread.php?t=265)

potential 09-07-09 08:02 AM

Black 412 driving through Winchester

Just to say hello to whoever drove through the Square in Winchester last night in the black 412/Beaufighter. :-)

TLF799R 14-07-09 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by potential (Post 1475)
Just to say hello to whoever drove through the Square in Winchester last night in the black 412/Beaufighter. :-)

Hi there,

I think that may be a dark blue beau that is occasionally seen around Winchester and is known to the club but the reg no has not been officially published. I do have it but only because I have seen it at BCL so no permission to publish.

It is a storming specimen in fabulous condition - no expense spared!

Philippa
(412 registrar BOC)

Big Bristols 25-10-09 05:28 PM

Hello all

As a local resident, I too have seen the black 412 in Winchester on many an occasion - stunning condition and those Avon safety wheels set the car off very nicely too. Also spotted in town recently - a maroon 410 (immaculate), green 603 (black wheels/no hub caps - looked great tho') and a blue 411 S4 (faded chic-look).

Nice to see theses cars being driven in the "everyday" context.

One day...

BB

Sam410 26-10-09 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Bristols (Post 1874)
green 603 (black wheels/no hub caps - looked great tho')

That is almost certainly a club member, who I know lives in Winchester and the 603 is his main car. It's LPG converted I think.

t_bollox 04-11-09 09:38 AM

412 S2 in every day use

Dear All,
I just purchased the black 412 S2 from Andrew Blow for every day use. The car will therefore be out and about in the Crawley area.
Bristoling is great fun although getting around the car parks at Gatwick can be a challenge.

TLF799R 05-11-09 09:47 PM

Hi there,

Are you sure it had Avon safety wheels - that would help me pin it down. We have a series 1 in Southampton that it could be if it does have safety wheels.

Philippa

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Bristols (Post 1874)
Hello all

As a local resident, I too have seen the black 412 in Winchester on many an occasion - stunning condition and those Avon safety wheels set the car off very nicely too. Also spotted in town recently - a maroon 410 (immaculate), green 603 (black wheels/no hub caps - looked great tho') and a blue 411 S4 (faded chic-look).

Nice to see theses cars being driven in the "everyday" context.

One day...

BB

TLF799R 05-11-09 09:50 PM

Hi there,

Congratulations on joining the exclusive band of discerning 412 drivers. Hopefully you are finding out how much fun it is to drive. Do bring it along to an owners club event and meet the rest of the crowd.
Philippa
Bristol Owners Club - 412 registrar

Quote:

Originally Posted by t_bollox (Post 1893)
Dear All,
I just purchased the black 412 S2 from Andrew Blow for every day use. The car will therefore be out and about in the Crawley area.
Bristoling is great fun although getting around the car parks at Gatwick can be a challenge.

Big Bristols 08-11-09 09:30 PM

Black 412

Yes, Black 412 had Avon Safety wheels for sure - hard to miss really! BB

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLF799R (Post 1895)
Hi there,

Are you sure it had Avon safety wheels - that would help me pin it down. We have a series 1 in Southampton that it could be if it does have safety wheels.

Philippa