Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > Bristol News & Other Bristol Discussion

Bristol News & Other Bristol Discussion About the company, clubs, car owners, and Bristol discussion not specific to the 6,8 or 10 cyl cars.

Uk Bristol events in September

Old 22-05-17, 10:22 PM

Default Uk Bristol events in September

Hi, In visiting from New Zealand in September and wondered if any Bristol orientated events are scheduled.
I own a 410 and live near Queenstown in New Zealand.
Old 23-05-17, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waipahi View Post
Hi, In visiting from New Zealand in September and wondered if any Bristol orientated events are scheduled.
I own a 410 and live near Queenstown in New Zealand.
Hi,
We are organising a combined state run to Young Temora and Coolamon in southern NSW on the last weekend of October. Don't know if that might fit in with your plans but you will be welcome if you wish. I too have a 410 - your's must be the only 410 in NZ? There evidently are not many in existence but there are 3 that l know of in Aust.
Kind regards, John Keighley.
Old 24-05-17, 02:23 AM

Hi John, thank you for your invitation.I'm not visiting Australia in the near future but would love to catch up and from what I read you have a strong club in Australia.I may be visiting Melbourne next year to go to the Phillip Island classic races..do you live near Melbourne?
I recently imported the 410 from the UK and basically happy with it but the word 'restored' seems to mean something different in the UK to what we are used to in NZ.
Not sure if I should start a different topic but I've just pulled the engine for a basic gasket change where needed and have noticed I need bottom radiator mounts as they are rather perished..also exhaust mounts.Do you have any source for these or should I go directly to Bristol Service Centre.
I understand one other 410 lives in NZ but has been off the road for some time
kind regards
Jeff Williams
Old 24-05-17, 07:36 AM

Hi Jeff, Sorry, I thought you were referring to Australia for the mentioned visit. I am not located near Melbourne but in southern NSW. Not sure about the bottom radiator mountsbut you may be able to fabricate these from block rubber possibly? Or, as you suggest, approach BCL Services.

My 410 was repatriated out of Calgary, Canada in the late 1990s. I purchased it in 2007 and it spent almost 3 years being restored. I really prefer the slightly more traditional interior to that of the 411 series but they are all lovely. Mine is painted in a Jaguar Soverign colour - Solent Blue.

Best,
John Keighley

Email: bellavistapm60@gmail.com
Old 24-05-17, 07:00 PM

Hi,
If memory serves me right the Rad in the 410 sits on round anti vibration mounts with a plate and threaded mounting on each end, these often referred to as bobbin mounts and are available from a number of suppliers.
I can't remember who I got mine from but the company below do the same type

WDS Component Parts | Standard & Machine Components | WDS

Unfortunately neither the BOC or BODA seem to events listed on their websites, or if they do I could not find them so I will see what the lasts bulletins and newsletters have listed and get back to you unless someone beats me to it.
Geoff.
Old 24-05-17, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Kingston View Post
Hi,
If memory serves me right the Rad in the 410 sits on round anti vibration mounts with a plate and threaded mounting on each end, these often referred to as bobbin mounts and are available from a number of suppliers.
I can't remember who I got mine from but the company below do the same type

WDS Component Parts | Standard & Machine Components | WDS

Unfortunately neither the BOC or BODA seem to events listed on their websites, or if they do I could not find them so I will see what the lasts bulletins and newsletters have listed and get back to you unless someone beats me to it.
Geoff.
Thanks Geoff, will investigate.
Appreciate your input on events.
Jeff
Old 25-05-17, 11:02 AM

Unhappy

Jeff,
Seems that Bristol specific events are a bit thin on the ground in September at least those organised on a national level. The owner drivers association don't have anything listed but the Bristol Owners Club do have a few in the calender.
The Goodwood Revival is listed 8-10th Sept as quite a few members attend, there is also a Bristol contingent planed for the Haynes Rare Breed 100 show held on the 3rd Sept at the Haynes Motor Museum in Sparkford, contact for that even is Peter Campbell at wessex.sec@boc.net.
If you are into golf on the 24th Sept there is the BOC Golf Day at the Dulwich & Sydenham Hill Golf Club in Dulwich contact for that is Anthony Spooner on acspooner@btinternet.com
If your stay should run into early October I can throughout recommend the Castle Combe Autumn Classic on the 7th always well supported by Bristol owners, again the contact is Peter Campbell.
Depending on what part of the country you are staying the BOC may have some regional events organised on a local basis.
Geoff.