Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > About this site - BristolCars.Info

About this site - BristolCars.Info Make suggestions about this site, ask 'how to' questions, give us feedback

How do i "post" photographs?

Old 05-07-09, 01:36 AM

Default How do i "post" photographs?

How do i "post" photographs since I have photos of both cars, the trip through France and Spain and photographs of the restoration process of Henry including the DIY fitting of an overdrive.

Anthony.
Old 05-07-09, 02:07 AM

Anthony, that depends on what the photographs are.

Close-up shots of work on your cars really belong in a discussion thread on that topic. When making a post, if you scroll down past the form in which you are entering the text you will see a section titled Additional Options. This includes "Manage Attachments". This is used to upload photos.

It just occurred to be that it isn't obvious that this is for uploading photos. I will look into making that more obvious because quite a few people may be confused by this.

There is a section in the FAQ which has detailed step by step instructions about Image Uploading and Resizing. This refers to uploading images to an Album but other than the initial step the process is almost identical for attaching images to a post.

You may have noticed that we also have Albums. These are intended as a "gallery" of photos of whole cars and images from these albums are randomly displayed on the home page of the site. So any photo that goes in here should have a Bristol in it. Again the FAQ has a detailed guide to creating an Album.

Feel free to post any more questions about using the site in this forum. Web site usability is of great interest to me and I know that what is obvious to one person is not obvious at all to the next person. So I am always happy to explain how functions of the site work (and I usually learn something about usability in the process!)

Regards,
Kevin
Old 21-02-11, 02:19 AM

Default Recommendation: Detail photograph by model

Kevin,

I wonder if you could establish a subsidiary page for the various models of Bristol and then invite members to upload detail photographs, especially if something is known to be factory correct? Best if photographs were taken with a flash and close enough to make it clear what one is looking at. This is especially useful in the engine bay and behind the dash board.

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words, and once the archive is established, it becomes a permanent record.

Claude
Old 21-02-11, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude View Post
Kevin,

I wonder if you could establish a subsidiary page for the various models of Bristol ....
Do you mean like this ? Resources - Resources - 8cyl Bristol Cars - Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum

There has always been a "Resources" for each of the forums which actually deal with Bristol cars, the Resources links are just below each forum link on the home page Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum - Powered by vBulletin

To date I think I am the only person that has ever posted anything in the resources sections.

Regards,
Kevin