View Single Post
Old 01-11-19, 07:10 PM

Peter/Mike
Thanks for your advice, I remember having a similar mirror years ago which kept on working loose and falling off but the side of the window frame was not flat like the Bristols.
The top of the front wings have already been drilled at some point to take wing mirrors, two holes each side which is a bit odd, I did think perhaps racing type mirrors had been fitted though the do seem a bit too close to the center line of the car to be effective.
My R Types are fitted with wing mirrors which are difficult to keep adjusted, they often get knocked by people walking past the car and the standard round ones are too small to be that effective, my S Type has one mirror of the same size door mounted which is handy for reversing the car, not so good for keeping an eye on traffic behind, I would like to have one on the passengers door as well but they are mounted on the door window frame and I haven't got the courage to have it drilled.
If I had converted the Bristol to negative earth I might even have been tempted by one of the small reversing cameras or some parking sensors, though in the garage the clatter of the back bumper hitting the watering can is just as effective as the latter.
Geoff.