View Single Post
Old 22-06-17, 04:42 PM

I don't want to sell mine but there is an ex BOC members 603E just come on the market with M and M Automotive in Lymington Hampshire, they have just put it on to eBay as a classified ad at £19950 their phone numbers are 01590 688811 or 07788 851113.
Mine is also a 603E and they are a very nice car to drive there are about 11 of this model listed in the club at the moment and the one on offer looks quite nice and only two owners from new.
Geoff.

P.S

I see several of us are eBay watchers as well, Clive's comment is interesting as I have owned several Range Rovers all bought second hand including a P38 and my current L322, they are so far removed from the concept of any Bristol that I would have difficulty in saying they are a better car because the Bristol 603 is a very rewarding car to drive, remembering that its underpinnings are basically a very old design a bit like the first generation range rovers one of which I still have an LSE now needing similar metal work repairs to the ones Clive described have been done on his 603.
The P38 Range Rover was a big step forward over the first generation range rovers as was the L322 that followed and they are obviously a better all round vehicle as they are so versatile and fabulous tow cars to collect more projects!
I was fortunate with my 603 that although a stalled project all the welding had already been done and it was just a case of putting it all back together, instruments, some of the wiring, the interior and the front and back screens quite a bit of head scratching at times but we got there in the end.
I nearly weakened though a few weeks ago when a reasonably priced Holland and Holland P38 Range Rover came on the market but decided to spend the money on the LSE.
The answer of course is you need both a Bristol and a Range Rover and there are some very nice P38's being brought back from Japan at the moment.

Last edited by Geoff Kingston; 22-06-17 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Further comments.