View Single Post
Old 07-03-17, 03:20 PM

Default Bristol 407 Stolen

I was notified that a 407 was stolen this weekend and just wanted to post this information in case anyone is contacted concerning the car. This is seriously upsetting. Good luck to the owner. Fingers crossed he gets his beautiful car back in one piece.

Bristol 407

Reg No GSU 556

Colour Silver (Mercedes Brilliant Silver 744)

Light Blue leather (just reconnolised)

5 new Bridgestone Duellers Tyres

Unique Feature- at some stage in its life the rear end of the car was replaced with a 408 rear end (Rootes style lights) so this is the only 407 with a 408 rear end. ( a 407.5?)

Salvage Squad TV programme. This was the car featured in the Salvage Squad TV programme of car restoration in the early 2000s. It has had a lot of work done thereafter.

The car had a modern sound system installed driven from a period Blaupunkt Bremen radio.

This particular Bristol is very recognisable to anyone who knows Bristols.

As a warning to others, the car was taken on Saturday morning from a locked garage while I was walking my 2 year old granddaughter down to Folkestone beach. This seems to indicate that someone was watching my movements. This is a really low crime area. No car keys were taken. The rods holding a substantial wooden door were broken out of their mounts leaving the lock on but the door open. Do not think it will not happen to you!

I would guess that shifting such a distinctive car would be very difficult and therefore it is likely that the car may well be broken for spares , so if you are offered any Bristol parts which may belong to the above car please get in contact with Peter directly at

pdfdth@aol.com
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bristol 407.pdf (594.3 KB, 19 views)