Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > 8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars

8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars Type 407 onwards - restoration, repair, maintenance etc

603S Wheels etc

Old 06-04-11, 12:09 PM

Default 603S Wheels etc

Does anyone out there know where I can get a set of alter ,Blenheim , alloy wheels?
Also looking for a paternfor my boot trimming and carpet as this is all missing.
Thanks
Will
Old 06-04-11, 01:13 PM

Compomotive MO5 - Silver Alloy Wheels ? Full range of Compomotive Alloy Wheel from Performance Alloys ® The Alloy Wheel Experts ?.

Like these but with the Jag PCD ?
Old 06-04-11, 07:11 PM

Default 603S

Greg
Thanks for the link. Have you fitted these to one of your cars?
What off set etc will I need with these wheels or do I just sate a particular Jaguar model which matches the requirements?
Will
Old 07-04-11, 02:54 PM

Default Bristol Blenheim 3 wheels on a 411s5

I bought these wheels direct from Brian Marelli,Bristol Car Services and fitted them on my 411s5. They came with the correct off set and they look stuning with the Bristol badge on the hubs.
Old 07-04-11, 03:05 PM

Default 603S Wheels

Thanks for getting back to me on the compomotive wheels...a photo would be a great help if at all possible
Old 09-04-11, 07:12 AM

Default 603S wheels

Think these Compomotive wheels are the ones to go for but what width and what tyres would be best?
Old 09-04-11, 07:43 AM

Brian Marelli is still at the service centre and he probably has some wheels there, he can advise what will be best for you to fit.

The alloy wheels need the special nuts, £20 / each from Bristol for the chrome, but they may have second hand ones.

I may have some stainless steel ones depending on which wheels you go for ,9/16 BSF, so non standard.
Old 09-04-11, 11:33 AM

Default 603 wheels

Greg
Thanks when I am back in Blighty I will go to see Bristol and ACCS and see what they have available. Probably get the best deal direct from Compomotive hence trying to find out the wheels size etc.
Will
Old 09-04-11, 05:09 PM

Default Blenheim 3 wheels

Why not buy them direct from Bristol? Brian Marelli will sell You the correct ones for Your 603 with the correct offset. Perhaps You pay a little bit more, but You are also supporting Bristol Cars and this is now important.
Old 09-04-11, 06:11 PM

Default 603

Point taken
Old 13-04-11, 12:49 PM

Maybe these will look okay !

Jaguar X300/XJ6/XJS/XJ40 Alloy Wheels and Pirelli P6000 | eBay UK
Old 14-04-11, 01:26 PM

Default 603 Wheels

Greg
Thanks for the EBay link...good price is they will fit and have right off set.

I have never been able to get a clear answer on Jaguar wheels being a straight swop for a Bristol. Do you know if this is the case?

My only reservation, if they fit, is that they are designed for wheel bolts not for going onto studs as on a Bristol so there will be issues I feel. perhaps I am wrong and someone can confirm its all OK.

As suggested I visited Brain marelli yesterday and amongst many matters we discussed wheels. Brian can supply me with a set of Woofrace wheels at £185 each and Blenheim wheels at £225 each. I think these are both 15 x 6 inch wheels and take 205 or 215 tyres.

Brian could not give me a quotation or supply the Compomotive wheels. I did however see a blenheim with them on in the workshop and noted they had cast into them 7J x 16ET which may be the reference for a wheel to fit a Bristol. tyres fitted where 225 x 60R16's.

Brain felt that the Compomotive wheels might fowl the front inside on on full lock without the hub extension of the later cars. Anybody know if this is the case?

If I wanted to have the wide rear axle and front hub extensions he can supply them.

Oh well lots of time to figure that one out.
Old 14-04-11, 02:31 PM

Well, as you know from our conversation, the wide rear axle looks very good in my car, if you wish to invest in it.

Although I've heard about some foks being in touch with Brian, your report sounds very good to me. I never met him, but have had a couple of very illuminatint and helpful conversations with him.
Old 14-04-11, 10:35 PM

Will,

Here are some pics of 603s with different wheels.

Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum - penman's Album: 2008 Concours - Picture

Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum - Kevin H's Album: BOC Concours 2000 (UK) - Picture

The second one shows a 603 wearing early XJS wheels.

I guess it doesn't matter if the Jag uses bolts and the Bristol uses studs so long as the Bristol wheel nuts mate well with the surface of the Jag wheels so they can be torqued up sufficiently and cannot move. Of course we don't know which wheels the grey 603 had beforehand - the nuts for the Bristol steels are different to the nuts for the Avon wheels.

Kevin
Old 15-04-11, 05:11 PM

Default 603 Wheels

Kevin
thanks for the links. it certainly looks like Jag wheels might fit.
Old 15-04-11, 05:16 PM

Default 603 wheels

Lou
yes the axle extension on the rear is on the menue and at £600 isnt too bad I guess. He dint quote on the front hub extensions. did you also have these fitted on your car?

I managed to pick up a set of rad hoses and boot and door seals from Brian who I know of old when I had my 603E some 15 years ago.

He is hoping to get in screen seals in the near future so fingers crossed on getting these.

Will
Old 15-04-11, 06:53 PM

No, I did not have front hub extensions fitted.

I don't recall them as an option, but I may have overlooked them, and Toby didn't suggest them.