Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > 8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars

8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars Type 407 onwards - restoration, repair, maintenance etc

Bates Performance

Old 27-10-10, 03:50 PM

Default Bates Performance

Hopefully, a reconditioned Holly 670 cfm Street Avenger will be arriving in the post here in the USA before I depart for home (NZ) on Sunday. I took Chris Browne's advice to look at it over the Edelbrock, and the reviews seem to support that assessment. Brandon Bates of Bates Performance in Waco Texas agreed. I found him on the internet, and what appealed was his bench testing included in the price. I had to provide engine specs and Bristol performance numbers, and he states that he then tunes the carb and makes sure it has the right stuff inside for the use. The Edelbrock price was $199 plus shipping, the Holly was $249. His communication was excellent, he says he ships worldwide, and the price seems fair, especially with the bench testing.

So, do follow this thread as hopefully the installation and running will be a good experience.

To contact him, start with email at Batesperformance@cs.com. Note his office hours are Tuesday through Saturday.

Claude

PS: Thanks to Chris for the advice and to Kevin for the specs. I tried to use email to do a reply, but as I am travelling, settings on my pc seem not to want to send email to the Bristol forum.
Old 29-10-10, 03:49 PM

Default Update Bates Performance Carb

The carb was sent via USPO with an on-line tracking number that sent me emails advising me where it was. It arrived yesterday. Have not unpacked it, as it next goes in the suitcase to fly home. Stay tuned for the next instalment.

Claude
Old 19-11-10, 09:26 AM

Default Happy

It works as promised. No adjusting needed. Now I need to get the rest of the car sorted. Recommend Bates Performance: Yes

Tags
holly carb