Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > 8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars

8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars Type 407 onwards - restoration, repair, maintenance etc

History of my 411 Series 2

Old 18-08-21, 03:48 PM

Default History of my 411 Series 2

I'm researching the history of my Bristol 411 S2 registration RBY423K (Chassis number 7610116 Engine No E 383/310), first registered in London on 1st May 1972.
I acquired the Bristol in Wakefield from John Newsome, a large bearded Yorkshireman, former dairy farmer and former owner of 40 odd Bristols which he has been selling off one at a time. This 411 was the last intact car remaining. John mentioned he'd owned the Bristol for several years after buying it from an unnamed friend who isn't prepared to make contact because the car was associated with a difficult divorce settlement. The owner prior to this 'friend' lavished considerable expense in restoring the 411 to a very high standard, having it resprayed opalescent gunmetal grey and retrimmed in maroon leather. He had the chrome side strips removed. The car is in beautiful condition. Information on the BODA car list states that this 411 was originally painted blue. John Newsome was given a history file by this previous owner but has mislaid it. Does anyone in BODA have any recollection of RBY423K?
I can be contacted at theatregoldenage@gmail.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_7002.jpg (288.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_6986.jpg (325.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600 (24).jpg (255.1 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by Hervas; 19-08-21 at 06:17 AM. Reason: added contact email
Old 18-08-21, 03:57 PM

Default 411 Rby 423k History

Sounds jolly nice! The Heritage Trust will have the advice notes for all the 411s and can provide an impressive Heritage copy of the original. This will confIrm original numbers, spec and where it went to. Are you happy to share your email or phone here? If so Michael Crawford can contact you with details.
Old 18-08-21, 04:53 PM

Default History of my 411 S2

[quote=Stefan;11361]Sounds jolly nice! The Heritage Trust will have the advice notes for all the 411s and can provide an impressive Heritage copy of the original. This will confIrm original numbers, spec and where it went to. Are you happy to share your email or phone here? If so Michael Crawford can contact you with details

Thanks Stefan.

My email is xkeidp@gmail.com
Old 24-08-21, 04:05 PM

I am interested also in the details of my 411 S5. What are the contact emails for this?

Regards

Thomas