Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > 8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars

8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars Type 407 onwards - restoration, repair, maintenance etc

Fighter T body differences

Old 28-06-14, 02:33 PM

Default Fighter T body differences

I assume the vents on top of each wing provide cooling for the twin turbo's and the holes where the indicators were on the standard Fighter are intakes ?

Obviously more cooling from the bonnet vents and all around skirt to help with high speed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (425.7 KB, 86 views)
Old 28-06-14, 03:01 PM

That is in fact from the uncompleted Fighter GT project. Both the cars in the picture were to have body upgrades to GT Spec, the blue car was almost done and post BCL administration was returned to standard spec, the parts look like they were transferred to the body in white. The work was being done externally and I believe the cars were outside the administration process.

Alas they were just 'looker' changes....I have never found any evidence that a Turbo was ever actually made, although space was created for one in one of the Fighters.

P
Old 28-06-14, 04:09 PM

Correct, but the Fighter T would probably have had the same layout for the turbo's as were used on the Dodge Viper / Venom -- I think Hennesey did the tuning.

Maybe a Veyron beater on the drag strip ?
Old 28-06-14, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREG View Post
Correct, but the Fighter T would probably have had the same layout for the turbo's as were used on the Dodge Viper / Venom -- I think Hennesey did the tuning.

Maybe a Veyron beater on the drag strip ?
There is a several good youytube videos of the Hennesey Turbo Dodge V10, I wonder if that is what the Silverton era Bristol were hoping emulate as soon as they got a buyer for a T version. The T picture you sometimes see is a hello S with side pipes photoshopped to grey.

P
Old 29-06-14, 12:31 AM

Default Turbo

Thanks for posting the photo, I had not seen this one before.

With 1,000 HP cooling would be a problem, I think the Veyron has to use a number of radiators to keep the engine cool as well as more radiators for the gearbox and other components.

Its a pity they did not make one, if they did I expect an enthusiast like Simon Drapper would have it in his collection.

Regards

AlanD
Sydney
Old 29-06-14, 02:26 AM

Default GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansdownplace View Post
That is in fact from the uncompleted Fighter GT project. Both the cars in the picture were to have body upgrades to GT Spec, the blue car was almost done and post BCL administration was returned to standard spec, the parts look like they were transferred to the body in white. The work was being done externally and I believe the cars were outside the administration process.

Alas they were just 'looker' changes....I have never found any evidence that a Turbo was ever actually made, although space was created for one in one of the Fighters.

P
If memory serves, wasn't the GT designed to house the newer 8.4 litre Viper engine?
Old 29-06-14, 08:22 AM

Obviously planned to be left hand drive !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (219.0 KB, 59 views)
Old 29-06-14, 08:23 AM

Better view of vents ..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (105.7 KB, 66 views)
Old 05-07-14, 12:30 PM

The GT car project was advertised for sale recently, together with a road car.

Regarding body differences, there appear to be at least two cars with the rear diffuser and standard exhaust placement.
Old 26-02-15, 12:08 AM

Default Bristol Fighter GT2 project

I've been the owner of the Fighter GT2 project car since December, of last year, if anyone has any more info on the history or any other bits on this car, I'd be glad to hear from you.

Ken Purcell