View Single Post
Old 02-11-13, 06:54 PM

Good question - I was lucky enough to talk to the owner when I called to enquire about the callipers they offer -- they were asked quite a while ago to develop a disc brake for the London Fairway Cab that we all know and love. After successfully achieving that project they realised that there must me a lot of classic car owners that would love the benefit of disc brakes or have disc brakes that have now become obsolete --- they discovered that the callipers on the Bristol were identical to the callipers on a number of cars except for the bolt hole distance ( eg Reliant Scimitar / Jag etc ) - So they developed a better calliper that uses the same brake pad but gives an increased surface area for improved braking performance , but with multiple bolt holes to enable the calliper to be used on a variety of cars I that era - clever eh

I did ask about the rears and he said there was a solution ,but I can't remember quite what it was ! I will clarify when I get chance

The Blenheim 4 has these callipers fitted and they work very well

I don't think there is much difference in price between having a set of callipers refurbished and purchasing the new Zeuss calliper -- so I would probably go for new ones if the performance is better -- or both to have a set in stock

Hope the above is helpful to someone

PS they also do a calliper to replace the 405 to 409 and probably have something similar to the expensive Coopercraft to convert the earlier cars