View Single Post
Old 09-10-12, 08:16 AM

Default evaporation of fuel 401

My thanks for the responses.
Geoff you are right vis a vis the Jaguar although the high Australian temps are ambient and the heat rise from the block is very direct and much higher hence possible fuel evaporation regardless of ambient temp.
I remember when I served Queen and country in the middle east that we never suffered from fuel evaporation with tanks and armoured cars as well as soft skinned vehicles - this being a pretty warm environment as well.
I realize of course that the Bristol head is aluminium and disperses heat more rapidly than cast iron
I have some "gaskets" and also an appropriate die and have prepared some longer M5 bolts, but thanks for your kind offer.
The BODA group have considered an idea that you could also provide two gaskets of something like Tufnol Carp between the inlet manifold and the carbs either side of the throttle control bar.
I checked with Tufnol and they quoted me circa gbp 1.15 per gasket (1.5mm thick) on the basis of a 1200 mm sheet producing some 300 gaskets - rather more than I met need!
I will check levels before refitting the carbs - thanks for the tip.
Kind regards
Mike Say