Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > 6 cyl Bristol cars

6 cyl Bristol cars Type 400 to 406 - restoration, repair, maintenance etc

401 exhaust manifold

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-20, 04:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 264
Default

I had the same problem last year. The people who refitted my engine managed to put the exhaust pipes into the wrong port of the silencer so the front pipe came up at an angle and never sealed with the results you mentioned.

I got a set of stainless nuts from Geoff Leigh in the Manchester area. I don't have his details but he appears to be well known in the circles.

In my case the stainless nuts didn't do the job and I had to get a second hand manifold from Spencer James. However, they are now very thin on the ground.
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:37 PM.


This is the live site

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2