View Single Post
Old 27-02-12, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald G. Stephenson View Post
In my youth, it was very pleasant to think one had something so unique that it would draw attention from others. Later on, I found no satisfaction in that idea about car ownership. I have learned to chose my cars for my own satisfaction and have no interest in attempting to impress others. Comments coming from observers just roll right off my back. Of course, a polite thank you is in order for complements, and it is gratifying when they actually know what the are looking at.
It does appear that you have become very wise and knowledgeable over the years compared to the other car owners you acquaint yourself with. It will be interesting to see which model of Bristol you decide to go for in the end and why.

It does seem a bit strange that car people thought an Aston was a modified Mustang, especially after all those Bond films !

When Tony Crook was asked about which was his favourite Bristol, he replied the latest one. I think that this was probably true as the evolution of improvements was constant up until the Fighter. The Fighter obviously started from a blank page. This had the good result of making it possible to upgrade all of the older cars, if the owner wanted, to the constantly improving technology of the latest models.

So I guess that you should buy any Bristol you like the look of and then decide to go with either standard or updated technology that suits your needs and desires.

This is probably why you will very rarely find two identical Bristols of any era.

Last edited by GREG; 27-02-12 at 06:36 PM. Reason: spulling mastache