View Single Post
Old 15-09-11, 02:35 PM
Banned

Default A Bristol 409 'almost for sale'

As luck would have it, a Bristol has come into my life. Not yet mine, it is as near an abandoned vehicle as one could imagine. After sitting outside, under an oak tree for some twenty years, it has fallen into the hands of a high-school boy through inheritance. I have been advising him on where to start, and at this point, he and a friend are attempting to get it running. Thus far, they have not even sought shelter for the car, as it still sits outside in the weather. I have not learned if there is an emotional attachment to the car, and that will be a big factor in the car's future. It is a heartbreaker, as the son has no means to store the car or any funds to work on it. He knows the car is rare and valuable, but it is a Number 5 car at this point, and I don't think he understands that or what it is going to take to bring the car up to a decent standard. Thus far, I have hesitated to ask him if he would consider a sale, but I have visions of the car languishing there, and at some point being sold to someone. What would any of you do in such circumstances? I would appreciate your input. My email is jagster911@bellsouth.net