Thread: 603S Engine
View Single Post
Old 03-04-11, 08:05 AM

Default Janne

Janne
I will of rebuild the engine , suspension brakes in fact anythg mechanical or electrical myself...with the help of Andrew my brother.

I have the luxury of a large double garage /workshop in London and Andrew has far bigger facilities with car hoists etc. in Exeter.

In fact he only thing we will not tackle in this instance is the paintwork and I suspect once we understand the extent of the aluminium corrosion issue some of the bodywork.

We will once all mechanical/brakes/electrical/new headling etc. work is done look at the body work issues. I expect we will strip everything off her including all glass etc. and remove paint in corroded areas back to metal and go from there.

I wonder if wheel arch repair panels are available? Antbody out there know?

The unknown future of the Britol parts supply is a bit of a worry as I called them the other day and they had no facility to take payments for parts which rather limits whta can be done.

They also didnt have a front and rear screen rubber which is a bit of a worry given what I intend to do. Will have to be very carefull when removing the existing ones but experience tells me the rubber will have gone hard and will have to be cut to get the glass out.

Will