View Single Post
Old 28-10-10, 08:25 PM

Default Unhappy postings

Claude,
......... Did you buy the second set of hubcaps from the firm that frequently advertises them on UK eBay. website as they seem quite reasonably priced and I had been wondering what the quality was like.
The original hubcaps were made by a firm called Tuckers and the quality compared to there earlier offerings was poor, as I was to find out. a few years ago there was something worse than a new hubcap from Tuckers and that was one re plated by them! I had bought a pair some years previously and fitted them to my 411 coincidentally at the same time as I fitted a new set of four acquired from BCL to my 410. The ones on the 410 have held up well considering they are left on all the time and the car is used. during the winter. The re plated Tucker hubcaps were red rusty after about a year and it was quite obvious the chrome had been applied directly to the steel, they now match the rusty ones on the back , the rusty bumpers and the awful paint work so at least I can be thankful they haven't spoilt the rat rod look of the car!!
Geoff.