Thread: Butchered 405
View Single Post
Old 31-08-10, 02:15 AM

Default Butchered 405

Bristol values have come a long way in the last two or three years and they seem to be finally recognised for being very special cars that at least match all the other prestige classics. This being the case, I was quite exited to see a 405 in what appears to be good condition for sale on Car & Classic web site for £4800 !

Bristol 405 For Sale (1955) on Car And Classic UK

The car is indeed in good condition with matching engine and good body with nice paint.

I called the owner in Germany and as per the advert, he will only be selling the car once he has removed the engine and gearbox for his BMW project ! Yet another complete Bristol that will lose all it's originality and maybe end up with a Nissan or Triumph engine.

Maybe a record should be kept of where / what cars the engines that are removed from complete cars end up in, so there is at least a chance that they may be reunited one day when values / morals make it viable.

I'm all for making specials when it's the only option to keep a Bristol on the road but destroying a good quality complete classic !!

Hanging is too good for them :-)

Greg

Last edited by GREG; 31-08-10 at 02:35 AM. Reason: spelin