The thing is, I actually do live in the real world and was taught as a child
to be respectful to others opinions and debate them in a polite manner. To
tell me to grow up just proves my point in how rude you and some other
individuals are. If you cannot debate a subject without turning to insults
or snide remarks then maybe it is you who needs to grow up and learn manners
and the art of mature debate. Childish and offensive behaviour puts many of
us off contributing to this forum.

Andrew
I think most people are taught those core values as a child but, you know, every day I see boorish people forcing their opinions on others whom stand by cowed and subservient. How many times do I go to the supermarket and see perfectly able people park in disabled parking spots. How many times has someone selfishly parked so I am unable to get out of a parking space or the end of a drive.

I ask myself, what would a polite manner and debate gain if I were to engage these people.............? Prior experience has shown me how and the need sometimes to fight fire with fire. As Franklin Roosevelt once said - "Speak softly but carry a big stick." I would modify that sentiment by concluding that sometimes you have to speak forthright and forcibly to be heard over the braying though

I wonder whether or not you have followed the recent remake of the TV drama Survivors. For me the fascination of this series is the dynamic between a group of people whom are innocents whom need to 'grow up' and a single individual whom is streetwise, forthright, tough and lives in the 'real world' and soleley has made the greatest contribution to their continued existance. Were you to transport yourself and myself into a parallel scenario I wonder which camp we would each fall into? Diametrically opposed or brothers in arms?

Childish & rude Ozy - such a beast!