Thread: LJK Setright
View Single Post
Old 07-10-09, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Berzborn View Post
...On the other hand, fuel consumption has in fact developped into a kind of fetish for some people that really puts me off.
It seems to be very prevalent in the UK, but then if I had to pay what the Brits pay for petrol and spend all that time sitting in traffic jams I would probably be more concerned about fuel consumption

That said, I was in the UK last week and hired a 2.0L VW Jetta diesel. I was astonished how little fuel it used and how much torque it had from about 1700 rpm. Made me wonder what the V10 Toerag must be like...

Back to LJKS - has anyone ever read the book he wrote about wheels and tyres (or was it just about tyres?)

PS. wearing my Admin hat - when replying by email, please take care to type your reply between the dashed lines as the original email requests and also do not edit the beginning or ending dashed lines in any way. I have just edited about half a dozen posts in this thread to remove the messy email artefacts which results when the second set of dashed lines are inadvertently edited. Thanks