View Single Post
Old 31-10-23, 01:39 PM

That is my old car, sold around 20 years ago and I recall seeing it for sale again some years later. I'm taken back at the current state, looks like it's been outside for a decade or so. When it left me it was tatty but in good running order, absolutely useable and very reliable other than having to replace the starter motor when it failed the day before the buyer travelled down from Scotland. I'd carried out much work, visited Mr. May often and used it a lot, constantly in good weather. It drove well, the structure was very sound, paint was poor but panelwork quite reasonable. I see it still bears a row of relays on the bulkhead which added discrete flashing indicators to complement the semaphores.
I think I still have the old starter somewhere, with its shorted armature windings, and I had sourced a pair of extortionately priced lamps for the rear bumper intending to undo the incorrect round ones but they disappeared before I could fit them, they turned up recently when I moved house, under stairs meter cupboard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010001 (2).JPG (411.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 401180.jpg (417.2 KB, 20 views)