View Single Post
Old 24-02-23, 02:52 PM

Hi Colin,
I think this is going to be a significant sale mainly perhaps with regard to all the parts Brian had, I did see the Bearded Explorer going round the whole collection but I was very lucky in 2015 to have the full tour with Brian when I went to look at a partially restored 401 rolling bodyshell he had for sale at that time. I saw most of the cars on offer plus a lot more and you will notice on the link I sent you that the 401 in question is very unusual as it has a round rev counter and speedometer something I have never seen on another 401 or 403.
According to the chassis number quoted this was a very well known club car years ago. I was very taken with the ex Australia 400 because of its excellent structural condition but Brian wanted to keep that one. In the end I didn't buy the 401 as although virtually all the welding had been completed it was a bare shell all the instruments, wiring dash etc had been removed so for me it was two steps forward , three steps back. At the time I was looking for a home for a factory rebuilt 85C engine I bought from Bristol Cars 5 Years earlier.
In the end that ended up in a 401 Bodyshell I bought years before from Tony Mitchell. All up and driving now but needs paint carpets and a few minor jobs on the to do list, but we seem to have got stuck in low gear post all the covid lockdowns.
Geoff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1060668 1.JPG (322.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg P1060669 2.JPG (353.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg P1060666 3.JPG (332.6 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by Geoff Kingston; 24-02-23 at 03:01 PM.