Originally Posted by peterg View Post
My conclusions:
Cardinal Red ICI Autocolor 9510192 5776M 1975~ Rolls Royce/ Bentley

Almost an exact match.

Regal Red ICI Autocolor 2132M 1979~ Rolls Royce/ Bentley
lighter and redder

Regency Red ICI Autocolor 7635 1975~ Jaguar/ Daimler
slightly lighter

They are all traditional metallic colours, rather than the later pearl finish that change colour at different angles in the light.
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I wanted to prove I had serched the forum before posting!

403-1402 is in the paint shop. The bodywork has been taken down to the aluminium (and steel, in the odd place like the "A" posts!) and has been through all the stages as far as the guide coat. I have always intended to put 1402 back to its original Bristol Red. Although it had been overpainted green in the 70's, the top of the spare wheel carrier and the inside of the windscreen frame had been left as was. My bodywork man Gordon Needs and I agree that the original colour was a solid colour, not metallic, pearl etc.
Since the original colour is not available now, and Gordon very strongly advises not to try and mix a bespoke colour, we are trying to find an available colour that's as close as possible. We have come up with Rover Maroon B. I've seen a trial panel painted in it, and it looks very close in good daylight, but has a slight purplish tinge in poor light.

Comments? Anyone use this colour? Any better recommendations for a solid colour close to Bristol Red for 1953?

I still have a little time to change.

Pictures are from a few weeks ago when it was in primer.

Thanks

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg At Paint Shop 1 - 04FEB2022.jpg (254.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg At Paint Shop 2 - 04FEB2022.jpg (250.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg At Paint Shop 3 - 04FEB2022.jpg (235.6 KB, 14 views)