View Single Post
Old 04-02-22, 09:19 AM

Default 410 Wheels/Tyres

Hi there
i have been following the threads on wheels and tyres with great interest. The tyres on my 410 were well past their sell by date and although there were no visible signs of deterioration, I decided for safety to replace them. I also wanted to fit alloy wheels and preserve the original steel wheels. My current tyres are 205/70/15. I considered Radar Dimax tyres but was unable to find out much information about them. In the end, I went for Uniroyal Rainmaster tyres as I have used these on previous cars and found them great for handling. Regarding the wheels, I purchased a set of 15" 6.5J Jaguar lattice alloys. These required 5mm spacers. I purchased a set of the correct Jaguar nuts for the lattice alloys. The thread on these were 1/2" UNF. I drilled them out on a lathe with a 1/2"drill and then re-tapped them to 9/16BSF. For wheel centre caps, Ford do a centre cap (part no 71159 1A065 LA) which fits the Jaguar alloys. I removed the Ford laminated logos and replaced them with laminates which I made up with the Bristol logo. Am very pleased with the end result
ATB Andrew