View Single Post
Old 27-05-21, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rolfs View Post
I've run my 409 PAS on 15" alloy rims for many years. The 112mm PCD on Bristol hubs made before the 410 is the same as used by Audi and Mercedes. This means plenty of 15 and 16 inch rims in steel or alloy in a variety of widths and offsets. I use 205 Bridgestones on Audi 200 flat disc wheels but you may need something narrower without the benefit of my power steering. Stud thread is an awkward BSF 9/16ths but thankfully same as early Land Rovers when you need to find new nuts. Check that the handbrake mechanism safely clears the inside rim if you go to 15", especially in reverse!!
Thank you, John. May I ask what the profile is on your 205s? 70 or 75?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
Dunlop Sport Classic in 215/70VR15 (there’s a 205/70, too).
Thank you, Philip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg View Post
I fitted tubeless tyres to my original 403 steel wheels and they keep pressure better than the alloys on my other cars.
That's good to know, Peter. Gives me hope if I end up keeping the factory wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter dowdle View Post
Just a warning in selecting a suitable wheel tyre combination be sure it will fit in the storage area in the front guard. I have 215/70/15 tyres on 6 inch rims on my 411 mk 2 and it is very difficult to get them to fit under the guard. I have 185/16 tyres on my 403 and they wont fit in the storage locker at all.
Peter, thanks. I hadn't thought of that potential fit issue.

Anybody else want to chip in what tyres/wheels they have on their V8s?

David