View Single Post
Old 21-04-21, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEU186F View Post
Looks very possible judging by the number of connectors on the back. I believe the original switch bore the Lucas number 31847 or, on the 410, 31847A which added the electrical push to wash facility. Mind you I’m a bit surprised that landrovers of any vintage used the same wiper motors and switches as Bristols, RR, Alvis, Rover etc so it might be worth checking that it is indeed a substitute before you part with all those dollars.

Roger
Roger, I am now stalled again. I managed to remove the vacuum valve from the back of my wiper switch and I also managed buy the exact NOS electrical push switch that Lucas fitted on the later cars.

BUT, the threads in the female mounting point on the back of the wiper switch and the male threads on the small pushbutton electrical washer switch do not match. Looking at photos on the web, I can now see there's a small adapter fitted to join these two and the chances of me finding that adapter must be about nil.

So meanwhile, the washers are being operated from a small push button I mounted below the dash while I decide what to do next.

David