View Single Post
Old 15-07-20, 07:24 PM

Yes, Both Commadore and Rekord were sold in the UK/Eire, but finding good headlamps will be a big ask. Opel in the 70's was far from a mainstream brand here. There is an enthusiast following, so I suppose there must be forums for them....My search was more than 10 years ago. I searched all the usual prospects without any sucess, so went onto German ebay, then shipped internally as in those days I had colleaguges travelling between Essex and our Cologne sites daily, I'd think if you also need the glass, then S africa has a much kinder climate so silvering may not be the mess most are here.

Dipped beam doesnt move the focus of the beam left or right, what it does is provide a well defined horizontal cut-off - so light is not being thrown upwards to dazzle oncoming drivers. There have been various cut off line designs over the years, but from the 1960's the tendency was to offer an upward line towards the kerbside to aid in illumination of pedestrians, cyclists who in those days habitually wore dark coats and carried no lamps, and to illuminate road signs facing you.

Last edited by peasantslife; 15-07-20 at 07:34 PM.