Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > Bristol News & Other Bristol Discussion

Bristol News & Other Bristol Discussion About the company, clubs, car owners, and Bristol discussion not specific to the 6,8 or 10 cyl cars.

Bristol factory in Filton

Old 11-07-17, 11:29 AM

Default Bristol factory in Filton

I am searching for the exact location of the old factory of Bristol Cars in Filton which appear on the brochures and press photos of the 70's. Does the original building from the thirties still exist ?

It seems that the last Blenheims and Fighters were produced in another plant, in Patchway, not in Filton. Do anyone know the address ?

Thank you !
Old 11-07-17, 12:33 PM

Hi,

I expect the old building would be gone, most of the Filton Airport site is being turned into housing

The factory where the Blenheim would have been built is on Concorde Road in Patchway ( postcode is BS34 5TB )
Old 13-07-17, 08:13 AM

The old Offices and factory at the rear have been demolished.
The building used for the Offices were an old laundry block and apparently taken over by Bristol Cars in 1951.
Here is a link to Flickr which shows the old buildings when a Laundry:=

https://www.flickr.com/photos/brizzl...-nWuV5d-7dNLSo

The Bristol Cars offices/factory are now the Shield Retail Centre fronting the old A38 Gloucester Rd., North and the outlet Snow & Rock outlet occupies the
the position of the offices.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...6!4d-2.5747722

Hope this helps to pinpoint the location.
Old 25-07-17, 12:00 PM

Thank you !

I went to Concorde Road in Patchway two weeks ago, but I found nothing regarding Bristol Cars. The factory (in fact, two parallel sheds) was simply sold to another company. I suspect the former Bristol plant is now "Titan furniture" on n°14. Near the front gate I saw the location of a former rectangular plate (like "BRISTOL CARS") which was removed.