Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > Bristol News & Other Bristol Discussion

Bristol News & Other Bristol Discussion About the company, clubs, car owners, and Bristol discussion not specific to the 6,8 or 10 cyl cars.

Bristol Owners' Club -- What's not going on ?

Old 23-08-14, 09:26 PM

Question Bristol Owners' Club -- What's not going on ?

Soon after that great man Tony Crook died I logged on to the Bristol Owners' Club website. Not one mention of his passing. So I e-mailed the Club Secretary, suggesting that some mention of this event should be on their website. I received no reply.
It is now 23rd August 2014. I have re-visited the Bristol Owners' Club website and find that "Mr Crook is still at the controls and the company continues producing cars to meet the orders for the very popular current model".
What a load of tosh ! May I suggest that the committee of the Bristol Owners' Club should be ashamed for not even keeping their website up-to-date. There...... got that off my chest. Any comments from members who might know a lot more than I do ?
Old 23-08-14, 10:08 PM

Default Tony Crook

Tony Crook is dead? Why weren't BOC members informed? Disgraceful.
Old 24-08-14, 07:32 AM

Cannot speak for the website although there was a fulsome tribute to Tony Crook in the spring edition (149) of the BOC magazine the 'Bulletin' - this also marked the 50th anniversary of the club.

Gavin
Old 24-08-14, 11:11 AM

Mr Crook has been known to be quite litigious so maybe they were waiting for a statement from him -- just in case..
Old 24-08-14, 12:00 PM
Bobbyweaf
This message has been deleted by devadmin. Reason: Off topic
Old 25-08-14, 01:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbennetts View Post
Any comments from members who might know a lot more than I do ?
Know more than you do about what - Tony Crook's death, or why the BOC web site hasn't been updated?

I noticed that in the section titled "Bristols in the Media" , the last entry is Sept 2009!
Old 25-08-14, 06:29 AM

Default Tony Crook Obituary

Very sadly the obituary published in the BOC Bulletin contains many, many errors. Not least of which they have his name wrong! They call him 'Terence, he was 'Thomas' That is just for starteres. The BODA website has a better obituary although that too is now looking stale having been posted in February.

Rennie Evans