Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Non Bristol Forums > Wanted - Cars, Parts & Automobilia

405 and Brabazon 401

Old 20-03-17, 12:59 AM

Default 405 and Brabazon 401

This is a bit of a long shot but here goes, about a year to eighteen months ago a 405 was advertised on ebay with steel windscreen support frames, if it is still available I would be interested in purchasing this car which had sadly been robbed of its engine and box.
The second car of interest is the Brabazon 401 fitted with the 411 engine, box and other mods, available info suggests
a) it has been sold to Bristol Cars and scrapped.
b) it was sold before Bristol Cars bought the remaining spares and project cars from Fender Broad.
Again this car is of considerable interest even if no further development work has been undertaken.
If you own either of these cars or know their whereabouts please contact me off forum, but only in the latter case if you know the current owner may be willing to sell.
Geoff.
Old 20-03-17, 10:26 AM

Default The Lost Brabazon 401 Big Block v8

Dear Geoff

I was told by the workshop manager that Bristol cars bought the remaining Brabazon project cars (and there were several of them) at scrap prices when the original Brabazon closed down. Why not give Brian Morelli a ring, as he may well know where they are. N.b. they are in the middle of major building works at the moment.
Old 25-05-17, 08:00 PM

I know that the Bristol 401 with the 411 v8 was sold to Bristol cars.
Old 30-05-17, 07:46 PM

If you manage to track the 405 down I'd be interested in a few parts! I'm currently restoring one and it's slim pickings on the parts front!
Old 04-06-17, 09:59 PM

Was not thinking of either of these cars for parts, as an alternative I would be interested in buying a 401 or 403 less engine and gearbox that has an absolutely sound chassis and is otherwise complete, not one of the gutted rusty wrecks that frequently turn up on ebay, I have the remains of a 603 so it looks as though this is the only way I will get a 401 or 403 V8 is to get it done from scratch, unless anyone has a Rover engined example for sale.
Old 05-06-17, 12:26 PM

Default Bristol 405 parts

Having recently got a 405 back on the road I have got a number of parts left over for which I am looking for a new home.they are mostly mechanical and electrical,including engine.If of intrest please let me know.image.jpeg
Old 07-01-18, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIGHAM G View Post
Having recently got a 405 back on the road I have got a number of parts left over for which I am looking for a new home.they are mostly mechanical and electrical,including engine.If of intrest please let me know.Attachment 1015
Hi Gerald,
Just caught up with your post from last June, as the attached JPG image of the parts is not active/valid can you resubmit the image or advise of the parts that you had, I suspect they may have gone to new homes by now.

Regards
Peter