Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > For Sale - Cars, Parts & Automobilia (Bristol related only)

Two 401's for sale.

Old 25-04-21, 07:14 PM

Default Two 401's for sale.

The first car had extensive work undertaken over the 2015-2018 period, this included structural repairs in the usual problem areas, fitting a factory rebuilt engine purchased from Bristol Cars, rebuilt radiator, rebuilt brakes, powder coated wheels, new tyres & tubes, stainless steel exhaust, new headlamps ans rear lamps, Led bulbs all round. Retrimmed seats and door cards plus lots more,was ready for its shakedown runs just before Covid hit, managed about 90/100 miles before first lockdown, stored since so back in workshop for a check over hope to have it back on the road in a few weeks to get everything settled in properly and sort any issues that might arise given that this car was last on the road in the early 70's and has been owned since 1976. Most of the paint has been stripped off as it was my intention to have the car resprayed but another project has exceeded the budget so this would have to be postponed till the end of next year, so probably better to let it go now as is.

The second car has been owned almost as long, had extensive chassis repairs/ structural rebuild years ago done by a fellow BOC member. Brakes were rebuilt and most of the paint stripped and there it sat in the corner of the workshop until a few years ago when I removed its non original engine and gearbox, it could have the engine that was in it when I bought it or another unit may be available which I intended to fit the original cylinder head from this car to once the overhaul is completed.
The interesting aspect of this car is that it was one of 44 LHD 401's built and one of a small number sent to the United States when new, later converted to RHD I have managed to acquire all the parts needed to convert it back to its original layout. Few original LHD 401's survive so well worth restoring and with the Chassis already done a straight forward project.

Contact if interested by private message please or if in the BOC or BODA by direct email or phone.

Finally as an alternative to me selling one of these I also have two R Type Bentleys available a 52 Manual and a 54 Automatic

Geoff.