Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > Bristol News & Other Bristol Discussion

Bristol News & Other Bristol Discussion About the company, clubs, car owners, and Bristol discussion not specific to the 6,8 or 10 cyl cars.

Update on Frazer Nash (Kamkorp) and Bristol...

Old 17-07-11, 10:18 AM

Default Update on Frazer Nash (Kamkorp) and Bristol...

Lovely photos, including the one-off Blenheim 4, parading past Kensington High Street.

Bristol gets a clue to its future | Classic & Sports Car

and

Octane | New owner spells out Bristol's future
Old 17-07-11, 03:35 PM
Banned

Default The new model sitting outside the showroom

Well, that appears to be a refreshing change in styling. One can see many influences in the front-end design. Not new and fresh, but pleasing in an Italian sort of way. No real need for uniqueness, but rather enduring good taste. I would not care for an electric car, and their best days are behind them in the early part of the last century, and if you have to burn coal to charge the batteries, what is the point? I do hope the name is kept alive, and it is refreshing to hear the name Frazier-Nash again.
Old 17-07-11, 04:09 PM

what on earth are you talking about?
Old 17-07-11, 04:40 PM
Banned

Default The Bristol outside the showroom in the original message

If you had not seen the pix in the two links, you could not understand what I was talking about. Look at the beautiful example outside the showroom and tell me how you like the front-end treatment. A vast improvement.
Old 17-07-11, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald G. Stephenson View Post
If you had not seen the pix in the two links, you could not understand what I was talking about. Look at the beautiful example outside the showroom and tell me how you like the front-end treatment. A vast improvement.
That car's been around for a couple of years or better, but it is a ONE-OFF, a very personal collaboration between Toby Silverton and Richard Levine over a 14 month period, not a new Bristol model in production.

If you see the BOC Bulletin, you'll find it in No.138, August, 2009.
Old 20-07-11, 10:52 PM

True - I was driving a superb Blenheim 3 that day but the Blenheim 4 proved that Bristol Cars never stopped evolving the car in the pursuit of driving perfection. It really is that good and has an amazing petrol equivelent MPG near to 40 MPG without driving like a Vicar. A bit better economy than my Mercedes E320 CDI !

The Blenheim 4 is probably the best all round driving Bristol ever - IMHO

Unfortunately there are probably only half a dozen people around that know the car well enough to agree or disagree.

It's a very special car but after the presentation from Frazer Nash I beleive that there are some stunning cars to come and they wont be burning any coal to charge them up ! I look forward to the next chapter of Bristol Cars and feel comforted that the new owners will continue to help us keep our classic Bristols running long into the future.
Old 21-07-11, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald G. Stephenson View Post
Well, that appears to be a refreshing change in styling. One can see many influences in the front-end design. Not new and fresh, but pleasing in an Italian sort of way. No real need for uniqueness, but rather enduring good taste. I would not care for an electric car, and their best days are behind them in the early part of the last century, and if you have to burn coal to charge the batteries, what is the point? I do hope the name is kept alive, and it is refreshing to hear the name Frazier-Nash again.
Hybrids are a good compromise on this which FN are alluding to. Fully electric cars are a backward step - they would do better to revisit gas turbine technology! I expect the combustion portion of the hybrid will not be a V8 sized engine, which would be hard to let go of, but wasn't this the same feeling when Bristol went from the 6-cyl to Chrysler V8's, 50 years ago?
Old 21-07-11, 02:45 PM

from what I understand, FN are using/developing a Wankel engine to act as the range extender
Old 21-07-11, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBC View Post
from what I understand, FN are using/developing a Wankel engine to act as the range extender
Yes, they bought all the rights last year. It is the perfect application for this
Old 12-09-11, 06:33 PM
dave225

I know it's a long shot, but could this new company Eterniti Motors [www.eternitimotors.com] be connected to the F-N/Bristol tie up?
I've no evidence for this except 3 pieces of information:
#1 They're a new company (? - I've never heard of them before 2 days ago).
#2 They are based, and will be manufacturing, in London.
#3 They are using an existing vehicle as a base.

P.S. Some research after I posted suggests they're not connected.

Last edited by dave225; 12-09-11 at 06:43 PM. Reason: update
Old 12-09-11, 07:29 PM
Banned

Default Congratulations on your discovery

You now know more than most of us on the Bristol saga. I do hope the Wankel junk is scrapped. The bumble bee that is not supposed to fly needs to die. Bristol will only rise from the ashes when a few good men with money deem it important to them, and a handful of followers with enough wherewithall to indulge their fantasies. Putting the Bristol badge on some crackpot idea only belittles the reputation of the marque. Can you say Bugatti? How about Duesenberg?
Old 14-09-11, 10:19 AM

Does anyone have any valid information on the current status of the company's production facilities?
Or, in simpler terms, if someone ordered a new car today would Bristol Cars be able to produce and deliver it?

Regards,
Markus
Old 14-09-11, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Berzborn View Post
Does anyone have any valid information on the current status of the company's production facilities?
Or, in simpler terms, if someone ordered a new car today would Bristol Cars be able to produce and deliver it?

Regards,
Markus
Yes and yes , although more work would probably be outsourced than it would a year ago
Old 15-12-11, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREG View Post
Yes and yes , although more work would probably be outsourced than it would a year ago
Hi all,
I introduced myself some days ago and waiting for my first post to be approved.
Does anyone know about the shorwroom's situation (is it open and trading and opening times?)
Thank you and best regards
Robert