Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum

Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum (http://www.bristolcars.info/forums/index.php)
-   Bristol News & Other Bristol Discussion (http://www.bristolcars.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ask and i will try and help (http://www.bristolcars.info/forums/showthread.php?t=665)

The Fitter 23-03-11 08:18 AM

Ask and i will try and help

Hi everybody, I was employed as a fitter by Bristol Cars and made redundant on the 3rd March 2011. I thought i would become a member of your forum to try and help with any of your bristol car needs or problems i may be able to help with. so please feel free to ask and i will try and help.

browning l 23-03-11 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fitter (Post 4601)
Hi everybody, I was employed as a fitter by Bristol Cars and made redundant on the 3rd March 2011. I thought i would become a member of your forum to try and help with any of your bristol car needs or problems i may be able to help with. so please feel free to ask and i will try and help.

What a wonderfully generous offer. Thank you.

Given the help Mike gave me on many occasions, as well as my treatment when my 603 S2, FRK 927T, was very successfully restored there in '08, you don't surprise me at all.

You can see my car here in Albums if you wish to look at it, at Bristols Seen, Owners Met...It gets high compliments wherever I take it here in the States.

Lou B.

peterf 23-03-11 09:20 AM

Hi "The Fitter"

What a generous and kind offer, sorry to hear of your redundancy but I trust that you will soon be picked up if not already.

It would be interesting to hear a little more detail of what you did at Bristol and what it was like to be involved in the manufacture of such a unique car/product.

I have a 6cyl Bristol in Australia which may or may not fall into your particular area of expertise but regardless I am certainly interested in hearing/learning of your time with Bristol.

All the best

Cheers

Pete

Stefan 23-03-11 10:25 AM

Bristol cars staff

We would love to interview you for the Archives - as you may have heard the Heritage Trust has been recording interviews with Bristol staff and associated personalities from 1947 onwards. We recently filmed Syd talking to Sir George and Lady Joanna in the Works on his 91st birthday, and are arranging to meet other staff too once the dust has settled on the current sad events.
Please phone 0117 9731883 - id love to have a chat.

Kevin H 23-03-11 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fitter (Post 4601)
Hi everybody, I was employed as a fitter by Bristol Cars ....

A warm welcome, and thanks for joining our forum. Your expert advice will be much appreciated, and I trust that everyone will refrain from asking you sensitive questions!

Now about those production numbers .... <grin> :D

Janne 23-03-11 03:47 PM

I think you will become our most valuable member....

If I may ask, on which Bristols did you work?

The Fitter 24-03-11 08:45 AM

Thank you all for the reply post.

My main roles within Bristol Cars-

Production Build of the Bristol Fighter
Complete restoration of most Bristols Built
Exterior/Interior fitment of all new and old parts
Body work/Chassis work/Welding and fabrication.
Mechanical work

Ive just about done it all.
I would go into more detail but i would be here all day.

lord sward 24-03-11 11:46 AM

I think some of us would gladly spend all day here to read some of your stories and product insights!

GREG 24-03-11 09:17 PM

Hi Fitter

Just out of interest , What was the last ever new car built at Filton ?

That will become a real collectors piece !

I guess it was a Fighter or a Blenheim ?

Thanks

Greg

lansdownplace 25-03-11 12:29 AM

Hi Fitter, will you be able to work on cars for owners in the South West?

Paul

The Fitter 25-03-11 10:06 AM

As im still umemployed and have plenty of time on my hands, I dont see why i cant help Bristol owners within the south west or maybe other areas.

Janne 25-03-11 12:29 PM

I think The Fitter should have an own Forum.

The Fitters Corner

Ask The Expert

sjp63 26-03-11 10:13 AM

have you asked SLJ if they have vacancies?

The Fitter 26-03-11 08:19 PM

sjp63 - Hi, SLJ ? Im not sure who this is.

GREG 26-03-11 09:09 PM

LOL -- Spencer Lane Jones a fan of Bristol Cars that maybe competed with B.C.L ! Spencer Lane-Jones Maintenance and Restoration of Thououghbred Motor Cars, Bristol Cars, Aston Martin

For sure B.C.L. created a living for them. ?

Paul Gilmour bcandsc 14-04-11 12:59 PM

Ex employees of Bristol Cars ltd

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fitter (Post 4638)
As im still umemployed and have plenty of time on my hands, I dont see why i cant help Bristol owners within the south west or maybe other areas.

ANY EX EMPLOYEES WITH TRIM OR PANEL WHEELING SKILLS ,CONTACT ME AT bristolclassic@tiscali.co.uk OR IF YOU KNOW ANY OF THEM PLEASE PASS THIS INFORMATION ON THANKS ,JOB OPPORTUNITY

liz jenner 24-05-11 07:52 AM

Ex Bristol car employees

A small group of long service Bristol Cars employees will be employed on renovation work . great News