Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum

Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum (http://www.bristolcars.info/forums/index.php)
-   8 & 10 cyl Bristol cars (http://www.bristolcars.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   603 Parts Needed (http://www.bristolcars.info/forums/showthread.php?t=707)

will7262 02-05-11 12:14 PM

603 Parts Needed

7 Attachment(s)
I have strtred to stip down various components and have a need to find the following; See photos below
Rear side window opening catch
Front indicator lens
Velcro pads for upholstered headling cant rail
Headling lights
Rear side air vent
Bristol Grill badge
Chrome pieces that are at either end of door pull handles
Attachment 512

Attachment 513

Attachment 514

Attachment 515

Attachment 516

Attachment 517

Attachment 518

If anybody know where there come from or who might be able to supply them it will a great help

GREG 02-05-11 01:47 PM

I think that I have all of those parts. Will let you know later

will7262 02-05-11 03:57 PM

parts

Greg
Many thanks for the offer of the parts. Perhaps we could tie these up with the agreed list I emailed to a few weeks agao.
Send me an email
Cheers
Will

Janne 02-05-11 06:39 PM

The interior / headlining lamp, you can get a Lucas NOS.
The black grill, is it to be placed in front of front windscreen?
I had to replace all 3 on my 411. Got them from Bristol Ltd
Very expensive for what they are, simple spotwelded construction dipped in plastic.
Zero rustproofing.

Kevin H 02-05-11 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janne (Post 5079)
Very expensive for what they are, simple spotwelded construction dipped in plastic.
Zero rustproofing.

I'm sorry to say that's par for the course with Bristol parts. I bought some suspension components which were just bare mild steel! It's even par for the course with some parts of the car when it was first built, or at least it waqs on the 411.

But if you compare Bristol parts prices with say genuine Mercedes parts, Bristol seems very reasonable.

Maybe we should just be thanklful that some of the parts are available in the first place :)

Does anyone know where you can get the black countersunk screws which are used to secure various bit of trim?

Janne 04-05-11 01:32 AM

Let us just say the quality of some components is British...

The Orange lens, it is Lucas, and there should be a number on it.

Welcro with self adhesive backing should do.

For the other parts, they are from the UK car production from the years just before your car was made. Ford etc

will7262 04-05-11 06:09 AM

parts

Janne and Kevin
Thanks for the advices...I will look for parts numbers on lights and start looking at Fords for the door handle.
I have managed to souce air vents and rear window handles from Greg.

will7262 04-05-11 10:50 AM

parts

both ceiling lights and front indicator lights are by Hella in Germany and have no parts numbers.....the search goes on

Barrie 06-05-11 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin H (Post 5080)
Does anyone know where you can get the black countersunk screws which are used to secure various bit of trim?

The screws you want are called 'cheese-head' or 'raised-head counter-sunk' screws.
I've used this firm with success in the past.
AHC, Tools Fixtures Fittings, UK Europe

If they don't have any more black'uns then paint chrome ones with matt black acrylic
paint and, when air-dry after an hour, put in a fan-assisted oven @ 100 degrees for
one hour.
(Seriously! -it hardens the paint nicely.)

Paint available here:
Citadel - The Army Painter - Spray Paints - Total Wargamer

Suggest you also match the screws with inverted ( pressed ) washers too as the screws
should not go directly into the wood. Do not be fobbed off with cup-washers which are
incorrect and ugly.
Try: Woolies Trim
Good luck

Kevin H 06-05-11 03:44 AM

For screws, bolts, washers etc, you could also try About Stig Fasteners

will7262 06-05-11 04:32 PM

Parts

Thanks for the advice on the screws...very usefull