Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > 6 cyl Bristol cars

6 cyl Bristol cars Type 400 to 406 - restoration, repair, maintenance etc

401/402/403 Spare Parts

Old 27-09-13, 06:41 AM

Default 401/402/403 Spare Parts

I am searching for:
- chrome bezels which fit around the headlights and spot lights (can any one suggest whether whether the lights were fitted to any other makes/models)
- chrome bumper over riders front and rear
Old 27-09-13, 07:04 AM

Not certain about other suppliers but probably was a standard fitment. I assume that you either do not have any bezels or the ones which you have are in poor condition - re-chroming (which i have had done) is perfectly possible. Similar approach for the over-riders. Check the spare parts lists for further information.
Regards Mike Say
Old 27-09-13, 07:16 AM

Czesc, as to headlights it depends on what size you are fitting. Standard 7" headlights are very common with bezels from a lot of cars fitting. However if you are fitting PF770 7.7" headlights these are much more difficult to find. They were also fitted to Jaguars of the same period i.e. probably 140's - 150's. Try Jaguar suppliers for these.

Not that many Bristol's were originally fitted with PF770's but many owners over the years have retro fitted them, which makes it appear as though they were originally fitted to 400's onwards. If I recall correctly they were fitted as standard to later 401's and 403's.

As to the fog lights I think they were also fitted to MG's. Some re-chromed bezels were recently advertised on EBAY. I bought one set as spares and since then the seller has advertised another pair, which went unsold I think. So they do appear from time to time.

Bobbyweaf
Old 27-09-13, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbigmak View Post
I am searching for:
- chrome bezels which fit around the headlights and spot lights (can any one suggest whether whether the lights were fitted to any other makes/models)
- chrome bumper over riders front and rear
I have full aerodyne bumper sets and hubcap / Pegasus badges / door keys if needed
Old 27-09-13, 05:45 PM

The spotlight rims are quite hard to find, you want them for a Lucas 462 spotlight. You might be able to source them through a vintage tractor parts supplier as they were mostly used on tractors!
Old 27-09-13, 09:55 PM

There are some on ebay now--type lucas 462